It is very important that you read and understand the Terms and Conditions of trade as outlined below. If you have any questions or need to discuss any of the points below please call us at 365 Healthcare on 01905 778 365.
RECIEPT OF ORDERS : All orders are accepted by 365 Healthcare subject to the terms and conditions laid out below. 365 Healthcare accepts no variation of these conditions unless previously agreed in writing.
The advertisement of any product on this site does not constitute an offer to sell. Your order or your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. 365 Healthcare reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order. 365 Healthcare reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item in accordance with our order limitation policy.
CUSTOMER’S AUTHORITY : Customers transacting with 365 Healthcare expressly warrant that they are authorised to accept and are accepting these conditions not only for themselves but also as agents for and on behalf of all other persons who are, or may become, interested in 365 Healthcare’s goods or products, whether in whole or part.
DETAILS AND SPECIFICATION : Details and specification are correct at time of publication but may be changed without prior notice. We will be pleased to check the latest specifications for you at time of ordering goods. 365 Healthcare reserves the right to alter specifications of any given product, and to withdraw any item without explanation or notification.
PAYMENT : Payment of account is to be received by 365 Healthcare within 30 days from the date of each and every invoice. Failure to pay on the due date will entitle 365 Healthcare to withhold delivery of subsequent orders and any agreed discounts.
PRICES : This price list replaces previous issues and is subject to change without notice. All prices quoted are subject to VAT at the prevailing standard rate. Due to the nature of the medical supplies and equipment industries, all prices are subject to change without notice. We make every effort to provide you the most accurate, up-to-the-minute information. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our web site may be mis-priced.
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, photographic, or technical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, 365 Healthcare shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.
While we make every attempt to verify prices before charging your credit card, 365 Healthcare shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed on mis-priced product whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, 365 Healthcare shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
PAYMENT CONDITIONS : Standard terms of payment for 365 Healthcare ‘credit account’ clients are settlement within 30 days from date of invoice. If payment is not made on the due date, 365 Healthcare will be entitled to charge interest daily on the outstanding balance at the rate of 3% above Barclays Bank PLC base lending rate from time to time. Non ‘credit account’ 365 Healthcare customers are required to pay in full at time of ordering.
DELIVERY, TITLE AND RISK : Any time or date stated for delivery is an estimate only. 365 Healthcare makes every effort to despatch goods on time, but does not accept liability for failure to deliver within the stated time. If 365 Healthcare is unable to deliver the goods within 30 days of the date of the order, the Customer will be entitled to cancel the order and require any monies paid to 365 Healthcare in respect of that order to be refunded.
(1) 365 Healthcare does not accept liability for shortages or damage to deliveries unless the Customer notifies 365 Healthcare of the shortage or damage in writing within 7 days of receipt of the delivery.
(2) Delivery is deemed to take place when the goods are delivered to the Customer’s nominated address, whereupon the risks of loss, breakage and all damage shall pass to the Customer.
(3) Title in the goods does not pass to the Customer until payment is received in full by 365 Healthcare.
(4) The Customer has to accept the goods when they are ready for delivery.
If the Customer cannot accept delivery, 365 Healthcare may at its option: Store and insure the goods at the Customer’s expense and risk or sell the goods at the best price reasonably obtainable and (after deducting reasonable storage insurance and selling costs) pay to the Customer any excess over the sale price or charge the Customer for any shortfall.
CANCELLATION OF GOODS : 365 Healthcare endeavours to meet Customer’s individual requirements but 365 Healthcare shall be under no obligation to accept cancellation or amendment to any order or any part of an order. Where such cancellation or amendment is accepted it is on the understanding that a cancellation or amendment charge may be levied.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS : 365 Healthcare makes every effort to supply the goods as advertised but reserves the right to vary actual dimensions, specifications and quantities without prior notice. In the event that 365 Healthcare cannot supply the goods ordered by the Customer, 365 Healthcare reserves the right to offer goods of equal or superior quality at no extra cost. If the Customer does not wish to accept the alternative goods offered he or she may cancel the order and require any money paid to 365 Healthcare in respect of that order to be refunded.
365 Healthcare is committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products and service. However, on rare occasions, products may be found to be faulty or defective, and in keeping with our commitment to providing Customers with excellent service, we offer the returns facilities set out below:
All goods supplied by 365 Healthcare are warranted to be generally free from defects in workmanship and materials and fit for the purpose for which such goods would normally be used. Subject to this, however, goods are not tested or sold as being fit for any particular application or for use under specific conditions, unless expressly agreed in writing.
Returns/Cancellations / Replacements
(1) Subject to the right of consumers to return goods for refund under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, 365 Healthcare does not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to check suitability and specifications of products before ordering.
(2) In the event that 365 Healthcare, at its discretion, agrees to accept the return for credit of unwanted products, the goods must be returned with 365 Healthcare’s prior agreement within 14 days of delivery. The goods must be unopened and in perfect re-saleable condition. All goods returned in these circumstances will be subject to a handling fee of 15% of the goods value or £20, whichever is the greater.
(3) A Customer can only cancel an order by telephoning the Customer service centre.
(4) A Back Order is deemed accepted by the Customer unless otherwise cancelled by the Customer prior to delivery of the Goods.
(5) The Customer is deemed to have accepted the Goods on delivery of the Goods.
(6) If the Customer has Goods which he would like to return these must be pre-authorised before actual return. The Goods returned (at Customer’s risk) will be credited if the goods are of saleable condition and in their original packaging.
(7) Where any valid claim in respect of any of the Goods which is based on any defect in the quality or conditions of the Goods or their failure to meet specification is notified to 365 Healthcare in accordance with these conditions. 365 Healthcare shall be entitled to replace the goods (or part thereof) free of charge or a 365 Healthcare’s sole discretion, to refund the Customer the price of the Goods, but 365 Healthcare shall have no further liability to the Customer.
(8) Any Goods in respect of which any claim of defect or damage is made by the Customer shall be preserved by the Customer intact at the Customer’s risk and shall at the request of 365 Healthcare be:
(8.1) Retained by the Customer for a reasonable period to enable 365 Healthcare or its agent to inspect the Goods; or
(8.2) Collected from the Customer by 365 Healthcare if the Goods are defective; or
(8.3) Returned (carriage paid) by the Customer to 365 Healthcare’s depot as notified to the Customer.
LIABILITY : 365 Healthcare shall under no circumstances be liable for any consequential or indirect damage or loss, however caused, including (but not restricted to) loss of profits, loss of goodwill, damage to trading relationships, and financial loss. 365 Healthcare’s liability in respect of all other losses shall be limited to the invoiced value of the relevant order.
FORCE MAJEURE : Deliveries against the contract may be suspended pending any contingencies beyond our control and 365 Healthcare shall not be liable for any loss or damage occasioned to the customer thereby.
ADMINISTRATION CHARGE : 365 Healthcare reserves the right to implement an administration charge of £7.00 for orders under £70.00 (ex VAT).
PROPER LAW : This contract shall be governed by and construed according to the English law and the purchaser submits to the jurisdiction of the English courts. These terms of trade will prevail over any conditions that shall be issued by the customer. Customers should not rely on any representations made by staff as they do not form part of the contract or collateral contract.
The above Conditions shall apply to all total orders for goods received by 365 Healthcare for supply in the United Kingdom. No other conditions whether or not inconsistent with these Conditions shall apply.
“365 Healthcare” means 365 Healthcare (is a trading division of Bunzl Retail & Healthcare Supplies Limited& 365 HealthcareOnline.co.uk). 365 Healthcare | Registration No. 62537. Trading from Unit 1 West Bank, Berry Hill Industrial Estate, Droitwich Spa, WR9 9AX.
“Catalogue” means the catalogue of products and services offered by 365 Healthcare including 365 HealthcareOnline.co.uk Internet sales.
“Force Majeure” means any cause affecting the performance by 365 Healthcare of its obligations arising from acts, events, omissions, happenings or non happenings beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) governmental regulations, fire, flood or any disaster or industrial dispute affecting a third party.
“Working days” means Monday to Friday, excluding Bank or other Public holidays.
Prices shown are excluding Tax (VAT).
For International Orders Please Call: +44 1905 778365 Dismiss