£280.80 ex. VAT
365 Transparent Island Dressings is a range of a sterile, self adhesive, showerproof transparent film wound dressings incorporating an absorbent, non-adherent pad. Film Island Dressings are made from a latex free, semi-permeable polyurethane film membrane, coated with a hypoallergenic acrylic adhesive.
365 Transparent Island dressings are breathable, allowing good oxygen and moisture vapour exchange. They are showerproof and impermeable to liquids, bacteria and viruses to reduce the risk of wound infection.
Transparent Film Island Dressings help to;
• Facilitate wound healing
• Provide a moist wound healing environment
• Enable patients to shower with their dressings in place
• Protect newly forming tissue to aid wound healing• Prevent contamination by dirt or bacteria, thus reduce the risk of wound infection.
Indications for Use
365 Transparent Island Dressings are primarily indicated to be used on acute wounds with low levels of exudate. 365 Transparent Island Dressings are therefore suitable for use with;
• Superficial cuts and abrasions
• Clean, closed, post-operative wounds
• Minor burns
• Donor sites
• Chronic wounds with low levels of exudate
1. Use existing clinical protocols to clean/debride the wound in preparation for the application of 365 Transparent Island Dressings.
2. Ensure that the skin surrounding the wound is clean, dry and free from grease or soap substances.
3. The clipping of hair at the wound site may improve dressing adhesion, shaving is not recommended.
4. Select a dressing that is of a suitable size and shape. Choose the dressing size large enough to provide a margin that adheres to dry healthy skin around the wound site.
1. Peel the two white paper liners from the dressing to expose the absorbent pad and adhesive border
2. Position the absorbent dressing pad centrally over the wound.
3. Gently press down the adhesive border onto the skin surround the wound.
4. As indicated by the blue arrows remove the transparent release film on the back of the dressing from the centre outwards.
5. Smooth the entire dressing from centre towards the edges using gentle pressure to enhance adhesion.
6. Without disturbing the dressing, observe the wound daily for signs of infection or other complications (or as recommended by heathcare professional).
Frequency of Dressing Removal
The frequency of dressing change will depend on the clinical circumstances. 365 Transparent Island Dressings may be left in place for up to seven days. If signs of clinical infection are observed the dressing should be removed and professional advice obtained.
1. To remove 365 Transparent Island Dressings from the wound, gently peel and lift one corner of the dressing from the skin
2. Support the skin whilst peeling the dressing off by stretching the film horizontally and in direction of hair growth. As the film is stretched, the adhesive releases and the film turns an opaque white colour.
3. Care should be taken to avoid skin damage with repeated applications, or on patients with fragile skin.
3. Clean the wound in order to remove any remaining exudate before wound assessment or the application of new dressings.
If the condition of the wound deteriorates, consult your healthcare professional.
• Do not use if the packaging has been damaged. • Sterile.
• Single Use.
• Latex Free.
• Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight.
|Dressing Length||7.20 cm|
|Dressing Size||5 x 7.2 cm|
|Dressing Width||5 cm|
|GS1 Barcode Each Pack||05056003405279|
|GS1 Barcode Inner Pack||05056003405262|
|GS1 Barcode Outer Case||05056003405255|
|Wound Pad Length||3.50 cm|
|Wound Pad Size||2.5 x 3.5 cm|
|Wound Pad Width||2.50 cm|