365 Transparent Film Dressings (10 x 25 cm)
365 Film Dressing is a sterile, latex free, self-adhesive, showerproof transparent film wound dressing made from a semi-permeable polyurethane film membrane coated with a hypoallergenic acrylic adhesive. It is breathable, allowing effective oxygen and moisture vapour exchange (MVTR 1176g/m2/24 hours*) to optimise the wound healing environment. It is impermeable to liquids, bacteria, and viruses to reduce the risk of wound infection. Dessings are showerproof enabling patients to shower without disturbing their dressings.
Indications for Use
Suitable for use as a primary or secondary dressing for low or no exudate wounds.For example;
- Cuts and Abrasions
- Clean closed post-operative wounds
- Superficial pressure damage
- Leg ulcers
- Protection of donor sites
- Minor burns
- Protection against skin breakdown
- A fixation device for catheters.
1. Cleanse the wound and ensure that the skin surrounding the wound is clean, dry, and free from creams and/or wound cleansing solutions.
2. Select a dressing that is of a suitable size and shape. Ensure the dressing has a 2 cm overlap around the wound edge.
3. To apply the dressing, open pouch and peel the liner from the dressing to expose the adhesive surface.
4. Position the dressing centrally over the wound bed and apply. Press the exposed adhesive side of the dressing onto the skin surrounding the wound, do not press onto the wound. The remaining white card frame around the dressing gives it rigidity and makes it easier to apply.
5. Once the dressings is secure, slowly lift and remove the white card frame and smooth down the dressing edges. Then smooth the entire dressing from the centre toward the edges.
6. When applying to a contoured area, 365 Film may be cut in order to aid adhesion (please note the bacterial barrier property is compromised if the dressing is cut).
1. To remove 365 Film from the wound, gently peel and lift one corner of the dressing from the skin.
2. Support the skin whilst peeling the dressing off by stretching horizontally (not vertically) and in the direction of hair growth. As the film is stretched, the adhesive releases and the film turns an opaque white colour.
3. Care should be taken to avoid skin damage with repeated applications, or on patients with fragile skin.
4. Clean the wound in order to remove any remaining exudate residue before wound assessment or the application of new dressings.
Dressing Wear Time
• The frequency of dressing changes will depend on the on condition of the wound and clinical circumstances. Dressings can be left in place for up to 7 days, if signs of infection are observed, remove the dressing.
• Stop any bleeding at the site before applying the dressing.
• Do not stretch the dressing or skin during application as tension can cause skin trauma.
• Care should be taken to avoid skin damage with repeated applications, or on patients with fragile skin.
• If the condition of the wound deteriorates, consult your healthcare professional.
• Do not use if the packaging has been damaged.
• Single Use.
• Latex Free.
• Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight.
*Data Source: Independent testing completed to BS EN 13726-2 by SMTL. Report No: 15/4925/10
|Dressing Length||25 cm|
|Dressing Size||10 x 25 cm|
|Dressing Width||10 cm|
|GS1 Barcode Each Pack||05056003405125|
|GS1 Barcode Inner Pack||05056003405118|
|GS1 Barcode Outer Case||05056003405101|
|Wound Pad Length||25 cm|
|Wound Pad Size||10 x 25 cm|
|Wound Pad Width||10 cm|
There are currently no support materials available for this product. If you have a question about this product or need more information, please call our sales team on 01905 778 365 or 01530 278 111.